The UK Referendum Day- What Will Actually Happen on June 23rd?
June 23rd is expected to be a hectic day as Britain will decide whether to stay in the EU union or to leave. There are many pros and cons to each decision which makes it even more complex. The economic and political affects will be immense whatever the decision may be.
The UK's electoral commission will be overseeing this referendum and final results are expected the next day (June 24th). The official announcement of Britain's decision will be made in Manchester Town Hall in the morning time.
There are many opinions regarding Brexit, some favor Britain to stay and some believe it should leave. Here are some benefits to stay in the EU:
- Being a part of the union gives Britain a lot more influence over international issues.
- The union enables Britain to receive more protection against terrorism since the EU has more resources at their disposal.
- Being a member in the EU enables Britain to get better trading agreements with various countries.
- There are a lot of jobs linked directly the fact that Britain is a member of the EU. These jobs might be at risk should Britain decide to leave the EU.
However, there are also other opinions favoring the “leaving” option, mainly because of the following benefits:
- It would have more control over setting laws and regulations without having to consider other countries interests.
- The EU membership costs Britain a lot of money a year and this money can go to other causes that would be more beneficial to Britain that this.
- The EU membership is essentially a barrier which prevents Britain from having more international power and influence at the World Trade Organizations.
- As far as security goes- If Britain will decide to leave the EU it would enable it to have more control over its borders which will highly benefit their security.
So, what do you think? Are you in or out? Let us know here